If you want to help us keep people safe at events, we would love to have you on our team.
As an event first aider, you'll provide first aid care to people injured at public events. This role can see you at sporting events, challenge events, flower shows and festivals, to name but a few.
You don't need any previous first aid experience to become a first aider - we will give you all the training you need.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Willing to undertake the 6-day training course, run at weekends. Training locations can be found here.
- Willing to take part in weekly first aid training.
- Willing to undertake 1 or 2 events per month, which would typically be a full day at a weekend.
- Physically able to undertake first aid, including administering a minimum of 3 minutes of CPR.
- Understanding of the needs of service users of different ages, differing physical needs and varying backgrounds.
- Willing to uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and adhere to the British Red Cross Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Aged 16 or over. Parental consent, risk assessment and safeguarding apply to those aged under 18.
Tasks included in this role:
[Windsor Weekend Health]
- Providing first-aid care in line with current protocols and Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards
- Helping other members of the team set up and dismantle first aid posts.
- Completing all paperwork associated with first aid delivery.
- Using communications equipment, if required, in accordance with British Red Cross guidelines, and keeping appropriate records of use.
- This role requires an enhanced criminal record check (DBS/PVG).